Ese

Dude, it was a great pleasure meeting you. See u in Munich, Cheers

Anonymous

Hey sean, i am a 15 year old kid that has been climbing for a year. Uhm.. Would you please email me, i have some questions to ask you but it’s pretty personal so i wouldn’t want to ask you here. Thanks.

redpointer

hey sean. i have done alot of redpoints in 1 or 2 days but am now wanting to push my grade into the upper 8s and was wondering how you apraoch mutli day redpoint projects?

You have to start by working out every move. Even if you can’t do every move on the first day, it doesn’t mean it’s impossible. Hopefully by the end of the first couple of days, you can link the route with 2-3 falls. Hopefully every couple of days, the falls will go down, until eventually you will only fall once in the route, then none!? For example, I never completed the slab portion of “Dreamcatcher” for the first 3 days on the route…

cXm

I am planning a 2 wks trip to Rodellar in 7 wks time. Any advice on how i can prepare for the climbs there? How many days do you rest before a big roctrip and do you rest completely or still do a bit of light climbing?

Aidan Doyle

Hi Sean
    I’m 11 years old and I climb at The Boulders Climbing Gym in Saanich. I love reading your blog so I decided to start my own. Check it out at http://chalkonrocks.blogspot.ca/
    Good luck in Munich and then in Paris 🙂

M

Hi Sean !
    I’m big fan of you. I want to ask you to describe how you warm up, what exercises you do, how long is your warm up?
    Thanks 🙂

Danger

Not a question, just a comment:
    You did a great job at Munich, your read of the rather tricky M2 was actually spot on(although maybe a dyno would have gotten you there sooner?)

Thought you really deserved the gold on that one! And obviously the training is paying off because you were clearly the strongest climber physically and technically.
    Cheers!

Danger

wait no… it looks like the final result is you got the gold! Congratulations! It was such an epic round of the World cup and such an epic performance!

Thanks for the positive feedback. I finished 2nd, by one attempt to zone… So close

Diego

Hi Sean, congratulations.

I want to know if you have a diet or you eat whatever you want?
    thanks

I more or less eat whatever I want. I do however try to eat in moderation and eat very balanced whenever I can. When I’m full, I try to stop eating, instead of just finishing whatever I have left. I love eating so I’ll buy stuff I love as well. I find there’s nothing wrong with eating a bit of candy, or chocolate, or ice cream or something as long as it’s not a ridiculous amount and not every day 🙂

Chris

I have a quick question about the Trainingvideo which can be found from you on the internet. How long are the rests between each exercise? And how often do you do this workout per week?

Would be great if you answer because I want to try it by myself to improve my climbing 🙂

greetings from Germany (you were so great at the worldcup!)
    Chris

I rest for around a minute between each exercise, and do the whole circuit 2-3 times. Then I spend an hour doing something else, sometimes bouldering, sometimes circuits. Have fun!

Chris

Thank you very much for the quick answer! 🙂

David Ackerman

I’m a Seattle climber and routesetter at Stone Gardens Gym. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching you compete at the SBC several years and was wondering if you were going to come out to the SBC Pro comp in September. I’ll be judging there and look forward to watching you climb if you do.
    Cheers!

They unfortunately scheduled that competition on the same weekend as the world cup in Puurs, Belgium so I won’t be able to attend. When I saw it, I was super excited, which were shot down when the weekends collided… Have fun, and I look forward to seeing the highlight reels.