Liam Siemens

Hi sean,
    Thanks for always putting on such a good show in competitions. You were an inspiration for some of us younger climbers coming up!
    GIven all that, I’m planning to pitch an article to The Walrus about your bid for the Olympic gold medal. I would be interested in shadowing you during a training session — and asking you a few questions — if you have some available time. MY email is attached.
    Cheers!
    Liam

Hi Liam,
      I unfortunately don’t have enough time right now for that, but I can always answer questions!

Johnnie noel-baker

Hey sean,
    Which lead world cup was it when you did that cool 360/upside down move?
    thanks,
    johnnie

Hi Johnnie,
      That would be Villars 2016, where I won!
      Loved that move, and competition.

Wendy

Hi Sean, my teenage kids and I really enjoy watching your competitions, you are such an inspiration. We are a family of mixed heritage, we wonder what is your heritage background if. You don’t mind me asking. thanks for your time. Best regards,. Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I am half Chinese, half Caucasian!

Glad I can inspire your family, I love competing and trying to do ninja obstacles.

Niamh Allsopp

Hi,

How’s things?

My name is Niamh and I’m a content creator for Soles by Michelin, an adventure blog for outdoor enthusiasts.

I recently came across your climbing video and as we’re writing up a piece about the best places to climb around the world, I thought you’d be a great fit for our next blog!

Would you be up doing an interview?

Please do let me know if you’re interested and I’ll send some questions over email.

Thanks,
    Niamh

Thank you for your interest, please contact me.

Joe

Hey Sean! Been following you In the world cup circu and im really curious as to how you recover? Its honestly some i re struggle with and would love any insight.

Thank you!!!

Joe

Hi Joe,
      Recovery is a veryyyy broad subject. Muscles, Fatigue, Cardio, Sleep, Nutrition, it always depends on what you need recovery from. I’ll definitely recommend rest, something that athletes tend to overlook. A rest day is not complicated, you do not train, and you do not do anything really. Catch up on some computer work, binge watch Netflix, or hang out with friends. If you don’t feel recovered from your previous sessions, maybe you need more rest days, or better nutrition after those trainings.
      Hope it helps.

Oli Eldridge

Hi sean ,
    You are one of my favourite climbers to watch, i remember a while back (maybe 2016) you did some live streams of your training, do you still have that footage? I can’t find it anywhere and would be great to see it again. Also are there any plans to do more live streams or youtube videos around your climbing and training? Would be very interesting to watch, especially with climbing youtubers on the rise

Roberto

Do you have any routine or something you always do before a competition? Like something you do because it gives you confidence or good luck… here a really big fan of yours, hope you can continue with this great level you have showed this last comps
    Thaanks for answering!!
    Roberto

Hi Roberto,
      Yes, I have many of these. It’s not so about luck, more that I am a creature of habit and I like to create similar scenarios to when I have felt strong before in order to re-create the scenarios. Most top athletes in any sport will have their own ways to prepare for their moments.

Caroline

Just saw a video of your trip in Fontainebleau and I was wondering : what’s your APE? (SPan of your Arms) 😊 thanks and congrats for the Olympics!

Hi Caroline,
      My ape is roughly +2.5 inches!
      Cheers and thanks!

olivia

Hello sean.

Congratulations.
    You’re awesome in usa vs the world ninja warrior.
    what makes you love climbing and when you do it for the first time?
    do you love children?
    thank you for always being an inspiration and teaching us about discipline, focus, concentration and passion.
    olivia

Hi Olivia,
      I really loved being on the show, someday I hope to make a team Canada!
      I started climbing when I was 10 years old, and I love the versatility of the sport most of all. Of course, I love to educate, teach, and coach children.

Gabriel

I’m trying to push my passion to the next level by doing competition. I’m also from Canada and i climb v8 – v9. I wanted to know a great training routine a could use to get to the next level.

Hi Gabriel,
      A training plan is going to be extremely specific towards you as an athlete, especially getting up into the double digit level. Are you looking to purchase a yearly training plan, or looking for a few tips?
      Best,