MP

Hello Sean,
    Congrats for the win in ANW USA vs The world.
    you are a driving force for a lot of people thanks !
    if I’m not wrong you never attend the French version of ninja warrior. is there a reason for that ?
    To me and without lake of respect for the candidates, your level is too high so that could kill the show.
    I know very well chambery but I didn’t have the honor to know you before you go back to Canada.
    take care and thanks again.
    michel

Hi Michel,
      I actually did the French version of Ninja Warrior in 2017 but it didn’t go very well. I wasn’t invited this year in 2018 which is the call of the producers I believe. Maybe next year!
      Cheers

Malte simonsen

Hi Sean.
      What is your most use pieCe of climbing equipment?
      And your favorite?
      Best wishes Malte

Hi Malte,
        Interesting question. My favourite piece of climbing equipment is a lucky piece of clothing I have.
        I don’t really have a most used piece, as it cycles all the time… Not counting when they wear out and have to replace them, my most used are SCARPA Dragos!

sloane betker

what is your job when you are not climbing sloane thanks

Climbing is my full time career now. When I’m not training or competing, I do a lot of planning, organizing, and writing.

Vicente

hi sean! i was wondering ig you are planning to pusj your limits on rocks and tryhard a little bit more, maybe try to redpoint 9a+ or v15? cheers

Yes, I am. For the record, I’ve already red-pointed one V15.

basil k wilson

hi sean i am a huge fan from india. i saw you first time in american ninja warrior usa vs the world. absolutely amazing performance , how you destroyed stage 2 and stage 3 were mind blowing. i just wanted to say that you are my inspiration to become an athlete . thank you for changing my life.
    cheers
    basil.

Awesome, glad I can provide you inspiration!
      Have fun.

My name is also sean mccoll, I’m not a famous rock climber though 🙁

April dupuis-Bissonnette

hI sEAN,
    my 16yr old son is a competitive climber in Waterloo, Ontario. we are currently preparing to relocate to Saanich, B.C. to transfer to Stelly’s Secondary School and Climbing Academy. A huge move, all for the purpose of maximizing Cameron’s exposure to better training/coaching and some of the best climbing in canada. I see from interviews online, that you are familiar with this world class facility. We would value your perspective on the level of training that Boulders Climbing Gym has to offer a dedicated young athlete, and your opinion on the advantages of relocating to Beautiful B.C. to pursue Cam’s passion for bouldering.

Hi April,
      This is more of a personal question that is best answered by email.

matt Shapiro

hey Sean,

I am wondering what kinds of things you do in your training to prepare for more Comp-style climbing? Exercises, supplemental sports, activities or games that help with the coordination side

thanks!

Hi Matt,
      I just do those comp style boulders. I have a background in Soccer and I’ve always been fascinated with gymnastics and parcour so I analyze and try to repeat.

Claire neri

You are SUPERb!
    Such a delight watching you compete on anw…
    Stay awesome!
    Claire 🙂

Competing on ANW is definitely a blast! Hope they let me create a Team Canada for 2019!

Marek

Whatever happened with your appeal in the ifsc innsbruck world comp?

Thanks,

– Marek

Hi Marek,
      My initial appeal was denied, and my verbal social media appeal was completely ignored by the IFSC.

Jason

Do you use, or find benefits of using liquid chalk when you climb outside, even when it’s not humid? and, this may be difficult to answer, do you find a big difference between Flashed Podium liquid chalk verses Mammut’s?

Yes, and yes. Actually when it’s dry, I find liquid chalk helps and I just don’t let it dry 100% before I get on, keeps it a bit moist IMO. The difference between Mammut and Flashed is mostly in how they feel, how fast they dry and a bit of their composition.