Matt

Hey Sean!

Thank you for the advice on my project! Already working into it.

I know you are very strong and only you know really how strong. I am curious if you do mono campusing? I understand that it is risky for the tendons and maybe you don’t do it because of this.., but “to what extent” can you do mono campusing?
    I will be honest, I’d like to compare my campus board โ€œticklistโ€ to yoursโ€™, so I can have a vague idea of actually how strong of a fingers you have:)
    I am thinking to specify campus rung depth and number of moves, distance of moves.

Really interesting subject this is, veeery few people can perform this.

Thanks again,
    Matt

I’ve never trained mono campusing because I’ve never been to the Frankenjura. I’d want to work up to it, being very strong on two fingers before moving down to 1. Worst thing for me would be to get injured while “training”. Check out my movie, I typically would try and run through that twice in a workout.

Sindre

Hey Sean!
    How many times in a week do you train lead climbing, bouldering, campusing, etc.?
    How many rest days do you take each week?
    Do you have a program you stick to?

Thank you very much!

Sindre

It varies with which season I’m in. If I’m in bouldering season, I’m doing campusing 2-3 times a week and when I’m in Lead training, I don’t do any.

Each week is different with rest days as well, I usually train 2 days on 1 day off and when I’m getting ready for a competition I take an extra rest day. My program remains as flexible as I can make it with all the competitions I do during the year!

Lara

Hi sean! It was great seeing you on ANW. my question is what your ethnicity/heritage is? Thanks!

Scott Monfils

Im watching you on NJW First let me say your unbelievable!! Im actually asking for another reason would you be related to a Freddie wayne smith. His ex wife is named Lisa Kazmar. You look so much like my old friend I just thought maybe you were possibly one of his children. Well there it is. Hope this wasn’t to personal to ask. No matter if you respond or not I wish you all the best WIN BROTHER WIN !!!!! Thanks Scott Monfils

I pretty sure I’m not related to who you’re talking about. ANW was an awesome experience, I loved it!

Jason Lee

Hey, congrats American Ninja Warrior!

Amy

Hi, Sean.

Congratulations! Just Googled you after watching “American Ninja Warrior – USA vs. the World”. I have a feeling you’ll be getting a lot of questions in the next few weeks and also a lot of publicity due to your great run on the show. I was pleasantly surprised a Canadian made it onto the show but too bad you were representing Europe. LOL.

My question may seem odd, but I just wanted to know what your ethnicity is. You look like you are of mixed descent, and I just read a random comment online that you went for dim sum with your family which prompted me to think that you were half Asian (total racial profiling, I know).

My two nephews live in your hometown of North Vancouver and love ANW. Please give a shout out to Elijah and Owen who attend Windsor Secondary and St. Pius Elementary respectively!!! They play hockey, but maybe they should take up rock climbing.

Congrats once again! I hope the exposure you receive translates into something greater. Thanks for representing Canada so well!!

I am indeed half Asian (Chinese to be exact), half Caucasian!

dino paredes

I SAW YOUR RUN LAST NIGHT AT AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR USA VS THE WORLD AND I HAVE TO SAY WAY TO REPRESENT FRANCE AS MY GREATGRANDPA IS FROM THERE BUT ALSO JUST REALIZED THAT YOU’RE NOT ONLY A CANADIAN WORLD CHAMPION AND REPRESENTING NORTHVANCOUVER AS THE BEST ROCKCLIMBER IN THE WORLD TITLE! WAY TO GO SEAN! MCCOLL IS SCOTTISH AND GAELIC AND SO AS POSSIBLE FRENCH AS WELL CUS OF SCOTLAND AND FRANCE’S HISTORY…AND THE HALF ASIAN WELL ARENT WE ALL IN VANCITY! REPRESENT!!!

THANK YOU! I AM ACTUALLY ONLY CANADIAN AND HAVE NO CITIZENSHIP FOR FRANCE BUT ITS TV AND THATS JUST SOMETIMES HOW IT LOOKS!
          CHEERS,
          SEAN

ABE

IT WAS A FANTASTIC RUN ON STAGE 2 ON AMERICA NINJA WARRIOR.. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION TO ALL…CONGRATS AGAIN

Ben

Amazing performance on ANW America vs. The World! It is incredible to see what a guy with amazing core, grip, and balance can do, with no specific training for that competition. Are you planning on competing in Season 7? You made a lot of fans last night who would love to see you tackle that course in it’s entirety.

I would love to compete in ANW Season 7 but you have to be a US citizen to be eligible for the show, which I am not…

Ben

Really? Tim Shieff competed at least twice. Is that a new rule?

He has dual citizenship so in the end an American Passport ๐Ÿ™

James

Hey Sean I see you are from Vancouver I am in Los Angeles now and looking forward to visiting the area but see you lived in arrange what made or compelled you to move to France? I see you did a fantastic job on American ninja last night which was tremendous! Too bad at as a Canadian you could not qualify as an American contestant so not sure of the technicality to qualifying for residency purposes but myself an American europhile I supported your effort. What made you live in chambray France for that time since I see you are back in north Vancouver now. Thanks James. Look forward to meeting you if you are back in the US

I initially moved to Europe just to be closer to the circuit. It was too expensive to fly back and forth from North America 4-5 times a year. Now my girlfriend is from France and I “live” here, for one year at a time. Thats why I was part of team europe. As a Canadian citizen I can’t go on the American Ninja Warrior actual show for the 500,000$ so this is as close as it gets for me ๐Ÿ™‚

James

Thanks for the reply Sean. I hope you are well so you divide half the year in Vancouver and half in France. I wanted to go to Europe but to live in LA is expensive and before that I lived in Washington DC and outside of Boston so i can hardly afford to live here in the urban cities in America. However, I wanted to move to Toronto and London 10 years ago, but was barely Able to afford to live in the US and know that Europe was cracking down on young Americans with no money or sponsors, so that’s what compelled not to attempt that. I would like t meet if you compete or do an event or competition in LA. By the way with your performance of completing mount midoryama you will be invited as a special guest or advisor to American ninja warrior as an honorary member, I gaurantee people will want to see you in some capacity as an advisor, coach or give expert commentary on competitors ability since you are the champion in a special category. I am glad ninja did it this year to showcase and make it more international since the show was an international concept to begin with. If you will be here in America in California before you head to Vancouver let me know. Like I said Vancouver, London, and Paris, were my 3 cities I hope to visit in a span of 3 years if I can

James

Any advice how I could get European citizenship like you dud. Thanks james

I only have Canadian citizenship, I have a VISA for France ๐Ÿ™‚

James

Hey Sean well I look forward to meeting you in the near future! if you are here in the US in The Venice Santa Monica or Los Angeles area, send me a message vanwater09@yahoo.com I know the championships are in Vegas. When did AMNW tape the actual competition? Thanks Sean, i look fiwlet me know when you’ll be

Filming is done in June, at least this year they were.

James

Sorry for the typos by the way I am using an iPad it changes words so don’t try to say things grammatically incorrect. ๐Ÿ™‚

Seth

Just saw you on a repeat of American Ninja Warrior, you’re an inspiration man! I’m over 30 and watch this show because it gets me fired up to get into shape for the first time in my life. I haven’t google a single other athlete on this show, for whatever reason your silky smooth run on stage 3 got me fired up! I’ve always thought it was crazy how the best athletes are so effortless, you make me want to go do something impressive. Honestly you inspired me to actually google rock climbing and I live in Colorado and rock climbing or the culture never appealed to me at all, Cliffhanger didn’t even do it….but watching your genius of movement on the course got me going. You’re the man. I’m a fan. Keep it up!

I’m glad that I’ve inspired you to get into shape, it’s an addictive process! Climbing is huge in Colorado, there are gyms everyone and the environment is welcoming. Good luck with your new goals!