Kango

What do you prefer for bouldering, the chimera or drago and why? Any size difference between the two?

Just for speed of on-off, Drago. I use the same size in both.

Mariel

Hey Sean! we’d like to send you a pair of the Eletrunks underwear. They’re perfect for climbing and we’d love to get your feedback. check it out at http://www.eletrunksnation.com and let us know if you’re interested!

Kamsan

Im really interested in what a good pro climbers one rep maxs are for weighted exerises are to see if I should train them SUCH as. Strict press, bench press, bicep curl, squat, deadlift, weighted dip and weighted pull up. Also are there any good strength parameters with weight training and gymnastics(one arm front lever)
    Thanks so much

Hi Kamsan,
      I don’t know any of those max metrics. Climbing is much more focused around finger strength, technique and problem solving.
      Good luck!

Tessa

Hi Sean, I notice they said you live in France? Why did YOU move to france? Do You still live there or in Vancouver now. Are the training programs and gyms in both countries different.

Hi Tessa,
      I lived in France previously. I’m currently living in Vancouver. The training programs, route setting and competition mentality is definitely different in North America compared to Europe.

Jana

Hi Sean!
    I wanted to ask you if you know a good place in Canada where it is nice for rockclimbing and a cool climbingym in the near for teaining? Because I’m thinking of making a Highschool exchange year next YEAR!
    Greets Jana

There are many great cities to do this. Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal come to mind!

yoyo

Hey SEan! We are a big fan of yours, love your ninja warrior stuff, and your climbing. Super Cool!!!!!

yoyo

Also, I can climb 11c, what is some advice to get better????

Find a training partner, make a program and follow it!
        Good luck!

Caleb

I was wondering what your thoughts where on the the olympics and if it will change climbing for you. Will the time for preperation and stress of the big games hinder your enjoyment of climbing? Do you think you will still have the time to climb for yourself?

Thanks,

Hi Caleb,
      I do not think it will hinder me in any way, nor stress me out. I see the Olympics as an opportunity!
      Regardless of the outcome of 2020, I will never regret training these years for the possibility of being an Olympian and maybe a medal!

Eli

Any advice for reGionals today.
    Thanks Eli

Valerie

What pants do you typically boulder/climb in?

Generally something with an ankle drawstring, a bit stretchy but athletic fit. I like a variety of different styles I guess.