Juli

hI SEAN! what happend whit Mamut?

Henry

Hello Sean,

I’m sorry to hear about your finger tweak in Munich. Could you do a sort of road-to-recovery series about it? Finger injuries seem to be ubiquitous among climbers and I’m sure the way pros deal with them would be interesting for us, the fans.

Hope you heal quickly.
    Best,
    Henry

I’ll have to wait and see what the diagnostic is first.

Aidan

I’m a 16-year old climber in Manitoba and I’m very inspired by the speed you got into Team Canada to climb in world cups. however, even after doing much research on the IFSC and CEC websites, I still cannot find out how to get into the National CLimbing team. Would you be able to explain your process of going from a climber who competed at local gyms to a climber who competes internationally? I’m very confused as for how to advance and what to do next in my climbing career.

Aidan Pinsk

Hi Aidan,
      I have actually been competing for Team Canada since I was 12 years old. You have to do local competitions, then regional and eventually the National Championships. If you do well enough, you will be selected to compete Internationally for Canada. Check out the Ontario Climbing Federation for more news about local events (OCF).

Aidan

That helps a lot! Thanks so much!

Aidan

Xavier

SEAN,
    Ma fille Meije est passionnée d’escalade.
    Licenciée à Pyrénéa (Pau), elle te suit et t’encourage sur diverses compétitions (Mondiaux, 24H DU MUR…

Meije aura 11 ans le 11 Septembre 2017 et je souhaite lui faire une « énorme » surprise.
    Aussi, acceperais-tu de m’envoyer une petite vidéo pour lui souhaiter son anniversaire.
    Je te remercie par avance pour ta collaboration.
    Bien à toi,
    Xav’

Bonjour Xavier,
      Je suis desolee mais pour le moment je fais pas des chose comme ca. Bonne anniversaire a votre petite!
      Cordialement,

xavier

No problem. I understand. Could you please remove the last message to avaid any spam on our email adresses (at least the one of my daugther). Many thanks. Cheers

Jake

Hey Sean!

Other than climbing, what do you enjoy to do in your free time?

Hi Jake,
      I enjoy playing video games, other sports, exploring cities and playing the piano.

Charl Kunzmann

Hey, been a long time. what happened this year ? No Psicobloc for you ?

Unfortunately Psicobloc happened to be on the same weekend as the Lead World Cup in Briancon. I decided to attend that competition and came 2nd!

Julian

HI sean,

Im a 17 year old competition climber and i have severe anxiety that always gets the better of me in competitions. I was wondering if you might have any tips or suggestions for me?
    Also Happy Birthday for SundAy!

Hi Julian,
      Thank you. If you’re getting really worked up in competition, it’s something that you need to practice. First you have to know why you’re getting anxious. Did you train well enough, are you strong, ect. It’s also good to know that ALL competitors get nervous or anxious to a degree while competing, it is just the ones that deal with it the best that succeed.

Dyllon Wright

Hi Sean, I Am starting to get into training. I can climb 3-4 times a week for 2-2.5 hours. What would you suggest to get The most out of my time Training? I also have Access to Free weights, trx, and a hangbOard. Thanks.

Hi Dyllon,

There is a variety of things you would need to do depending on your climbing level, experience with training, background in climbing, among other things. What you need to find is a coach who can come and watch you climb to make a climbing program.

Eli

What’s a good upper body work out for a 14 year old with a time frame of 3-4 days 2hours each day
    Thanks Eli.

Well I’m sure you can dabble in pull ups, push ups, work your way into muscle ups and plenty of ab related things like knee raises, l-sits working your way into a front lever.