Evan

Sean, I’m wondering How much does a year of competing on the IFSC Boulder and Lead world cup cost if you had to pay for it all out of pocket without sponsors?

I do have to pay for it all by myself but I’m fortunate enough to work with some good sponsors as well. They don’t pay for the world cups in particular but I get money from some companies.

It costs probably between 30,000-50,000$ for a whole year.

Dan

Hey Sean, i Am interested in the scarpa instinct vs and I would like to Ask for any tips on sizing for scarpa. Also, if i may ask about your street shoe size compared to your shoe size in the instinct Vs.

Thanks a bunch,
    Dan

My street shoes is about a 40 and I wear a 38.5 in climbing shoes at SCARPA.

Eli Kariv

Any plans to climb in NYC any time soon?

No plans, but I’ve been to NYC once and I absolutely loved it!

Tiffanie

Hey sean,

Just finished watching this year’s American ninja warrior usa vs. the world, and i thought i should ask why they say you’re from france when you’re canadian? i’m guessing it was the only way you could compete as a part of team europe, but did you actually live in france at one point?

thanks, and congrats on all of your success thus far.

-tiffanie

Hi Tiffanie,

I did actually live in France on and off for 5 years! I am Canadian though, and thank you!

TimSav

I saw you At a TV Show, Ninja warrior France, but How it happens that you fall So early from the RoLlinG stuFf? It lOoks so easy to you !

Hi Tim,
      They made the log significantly harder on my qualification day…
      That’s just the way it works sometimes, I hope to go back next year for some redemption!

Diana

Hi sean, you are definitely among the BEST ATHLETES! I know climbing is about passion and SKILLS which unfortunately does not pay as much as other sports. im curious if you have a DAYJOB, maybe part-time, or business? If yes, what is it?
    Good luck with your olympic dreams and i will be rooting for you!

Hi Diana,
      Thank you for your kind words. I used to work full time at MEC until I obtained good enough sponsor contracts to support myself 100%. I know climb as my full time profession because of the great relationship I have with my sponsors.

Maegan

Where do you mostly train out of? I know that I’ve heard that the hive in vancouver is your home base, but your instagram is often in a gym that I don’t recognize?

Hi Maegan,
      I train at a handful of gyms in the Greater Vancouver area including the Hives, the Edge, Climb Base 5, Project Climbing among others.

Josh

Hey Sean

I just wanted to know other then rock climbing what else do you do to stay in shapE? And congrats on amer ninja warrior!!

Hi Josh,
      I am fairly active most of the time and I go biking for cardio. I’ll play almost any sport with my friends and I’ll do some back country ski touring in the winter.

Claudio D'Amore

Hi Sean, congratulation for your accomplishments. I am from switzerland and i launched a watch brand called code41 – http://www.code41.com – our aim is to do thinks in total transparency regarding prices and origin. we want to have also “real people” as ambassadors. our philosophy is “i’m real, not perfect”. would you be interested to be our ambassador? you can see here the profile of our first ambassador https://code41watches.com/chapters/phase2/chap11/.
    good luck and all the best.
    Claudio

Thank you very much for the offer.
      I have sent you an email, looking forward to talking to you.

Baptiste

Hey Sean, do you have any ADVICE on how to get really skinny? I used to be really light and I’ve put on some weight for no apparent reason, it’s been 5 month I think, and I can’t loose it ! Thanks 🙂

I’d definitely just talk to a Nutritionist. They will be able to look at what you’re eating and see if it could be more healthy!