Kyle wilsom

Hey brother, any suggestions on how to heal a pulley injury other than time off? Thanks!

It depends on how bad the injury is. It would probably be worth asking a hand specialist that has already diagnosed other climbing related tendon injuries. If it’s not that bad, sometimes some tape, good exercises and warmup can work fine.

Charlton

Hey sean,
    Do 1 arm hangs on a hangboard have a place in your training? If so, do you INCORPORATE theM in a certain phase of your training or just use it to change things up? Thanks for the inspiration!

Hi Charlton,
      Yes, I use 1 arm hanging in my training but generally only in the first 3 months, before the bouldering world cup season starts. I might throw in a day of deadhanging mid season if I want to get back to a bit of power training for a day or two.
      Sena

CHRIs

Hi sean,
    Mainly when I top rope I have a hard time really engaging/trusting my Legs. When Im on routes like 5.10’s and 11’s i find myself tIred quicky. Do you have any tips on how to engage your lower body?
    Thansk so much,
    Chris

Hi Chris,
      You should practice engaging/trusting your legs on boulder problems or routes that are much easier in difficulty. This will come down to moving back and forth on your legs with your arms not moving. Once you can do it at an easier grade, it will be easier to incorporate it at the grade you are trying to redpoint.

ugur

hi sean
    can i use PROTEIN POWDER after trainig, it is usefull or not?

Hi Uger,
      Not sure, I don’t use any.

AlfredCrosby

Sean,

Who makes those green climbing pants/joggers that you frequently climb in? And are they aVailable to the general public?

Cheers!

Hey Alfred,
      It was made by an old company I worked with, and I’m not sure if they’re available. They ride a bit high and the ankles are too tight though.

Ahmed

hi sean
    you are so inspiring i would like to ask you from since you start your training . thanks

Hi Ahmed,
      I started climbing at 10 years old!

Aidan

hey sean. just wondering how you stay focused while at a competition. thanks.

Hi Aidan,
      I follow my routine, it focuses and relaxes me at the same time.

Noah

HEY SEAN do you like lead or bouldering better? Why do you like one better than the other?

Hi Noah,
      I like them equally, and I enjoy making the switch between the two.

keegan

do you have any hobbies? If so what are they? and what does it feel like to climb in front of a big crowd?

Hi Keegan,
      Yes, I have hobbies. Any type of sport would qualify. It’s just like anything else in the world, easier the more you practice it.

Tom

I really like an old video of yours, from 2012, in which you describe your typical training session at the gym. Now you’re 5 years older, and have 5 years more experience. Has your training style changed? Would a new video look similar, or do think that 24 year old didn’t know what he was doing?
    Thanks for dedicating so much time to your fans. Cheers!

Hi Tom,
      My training style is constantly changing so yes. But at the same time, I do a lot of the same things, just evolved over time. Bouldering training will involve more coordination and jumps for example. My 24 self definitely knew what he was doing, as he was still winnings medals. If he never changed, he’d probably have never gotten any better.